[Scottish] Making scotlug mailing list available via gmane news gateway?

Ben Thorp scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 5 15:26:01 2003

>Well, what do you all think, then?.
> Personally I dont have a problem with this, but I havent looked at it in
>depth yet. I dont use a news-reader, mostly cos I could never keep up with

>the bandwidth of stuff I was interested in, rather than for any technical
>reason but those of you who do may prefer to get your Scotlug stuff via a
>news reader.
>Any body got any thoughts on the security aspects of this?

I get it via mail at work, so I don't really mind either way.

>There has been some discussion about moving to hosting our own mailing
list
>instead of doing it through the lug.org.uk domain but no firm decisions
have
>been taken.
> I manually get rid of some spam from this most days and
approve/disapprove
>msgs from non-subscribed addresses but its <5 mins work per day so its no
big
>deal either way.

I think it would be good to remain part of the lug.org.uk 'organisation'
where possible, but that does not nessarily mean we have to use their
mailing list hosting thingy (technical term).

>As always, your thoughts, suggestions and offers of drink are most welcome

I'll buy you a pint next month, if you like.

Ben Thorp
mrBen
Carpe Aptenodytes