[Scottish] Copyleft report

Gordon JC Pearce scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 27 09:37:00 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 20:54, janice wrote:
> Hello,
> As part of my HNC Computing I am writing a report about the GPL, copyleft and
> free software. I would welcome any opinions, comments, rants or raves
> (especially quotable ones). Perhaps you have a particular bugbear you would
> like to share.
> My lecturer did suggest a questionnaire, but I'd rather you told me what you
> think is important.
> This is not a technical essay. It is for the Communications/English class.
> I really would appreciate your help.
> Thanks
> Janice

It sounds like your lecturer is indirectly asking for a questionnaire.
But hey, don't worry, we'll help you write that too!  Probably your best
bet would be to go along to your local Linux Users Group and ask people
there.  You'll get a very wide and varied balance of opinion, from
utterly indifferent to raving zealotry (and you know who you are out
there!) from people using Linux at home as a desktop OS to people
running huge clustered computers at universities.

If you're in or near Glasgow, the ScotLUG meeting is on Thursday.

Cheers,
  Gordon

--
Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@gjcp.net>