[Scottish] [Fwd: Demon ADSL]

Andy Gilmour andyg at lodge.glasgownet.com
Fri Apr 16 14:42:21 BST 2004

Yeah, I use demon with a etec wirelesss router, and it just plain damn
works.  simple case of  entering ISP details and bobs your uncle, auntie
or relative of your choice.

I have only a single ip from demon, however, it would be simple to cater
for multiple ips (with the etec unit anyway)

If you have not already got your router give serious consideation to
getting an etec 38xx router (they have noraml ethernet, integrated 4p
hub, and wireless flavoured ones).  I install them all the time and wont
let the company buy any other type, since they are easy to set up with
basic configuration, they plain damn work, and if you are looking for
more advanced options, I pretty much covers everything, such as virtual
servers (port forwarding) nat, bridge filtering, etc.

But if your just wanting a basic setup, you just ignore al l the other
options in the web based config and put in your isp details