[Scottish] Failed RPM dependencies - what to do about 'em?

TC tc at emailetc.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 22:03:44 BST 2004

 > ... rpmfind.net has hits for both apt and yum, including the below
link for apt

Thanks.

 > ... Are you talking miles away when RH9 was new, or still miles away
now that it has been
 > superceded by Fedora?

The former.  I'm going to take a fresh copy of Fedora and see how that
performs.
I don't think this issue will remain as a problem.  And any way you look
at it, Linux is
coming on leaps and bounds in usability for the average guy.  But I
don't think I'm
being controversial (except to Followers Of The One True Linus) by
suggesting Windows
still has an edge.

 > Additionally, while RedHat is one of the most well known distros, it
has never been
 > hailed as the most user and/or newbie friendly distro.

Care to offer a ranking of distros, according to user/newbie friendliness?

ta,
tc