[Scottish] Recommendations on ISDN service/provider?

Craig Perry craig at onemanstudfarm.co.uk
Sat Mar 13 15:31:46 GMT 2004

Hey,

Broadband's just came into my old mans area so I'm facing the same
problems, well nearly. I know which ISP i am putting him with, because
I'm with them and i know loads of people with them and they are
_fantastic_ who is it may you ask? Freedom to Surf (www.f2s.com) they
really are great. You may be able to find a slightly cheaper provider
but not by much. I pay £22.50 per month including VAT.

I need a modem for his server box (Linux machine that acts as a
router/file server/print server/wireless access point) I put a fresh
install of slackware on it, think it was 8.1. So its still got a 2.4
kernel. I built a  web front end specifically for this box because i
didn't like any of the router distros at that time. So basically i need
a cheap (under £20) modem for this box which will work through USB.
Still looking for one that is known to support Linux. I use e buyer all
the time, they have a £13 modem with a connexant chip and some drivers
are provided through www.linuxant.com but i don't know if drivers for
this modem exist.

Otherwise i'm going for a 1 port router which comes in at £23 on e buyer.

Any ideas about the state of cheap modem support greatly appreciated.

Regards
Craig