[Scottish] Clear out - update

Kyle Gordon kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Thu Nov 18 11:59:20 GMT 2004

Titling an email 'SPAM SPAM SPAM' isn't conducive towards getting it through
the spam filters on this mailing list. Every one of these posts has had to be
approved by a mailing list moderator, making it rather unfair to those
attempting to get 'first dibs' on something. There is no guarantee that it
will be processed in FIFO order by the admin, or even that it will get
through at all (since mailman has an option to silently drop anything it
thinks is spam). Not only will it get filtered by mailman, but there is the
added bonus possibility of it getting filtered at the users end, if they are
filtering for the word 'SPAM'.

In future, if anyone is thinking about flogging items on the list, please
don't tag it with the world most common spam tag, and just do what most other
mailing lists do and prefix it with [FS] or something similar.

Ta muchly all,

Kyle