[Scottish] Ubuntu resolvconf

Craig Perry craig at onemanstudfarm.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 01:00:00 BST 2004

Hey all,

On another note, I came across a similar issue with suse 9.1 pro. The dhcp client was getting the nameservers but wasn't spitting it into /etc/resolv.conf but, and here's the bit that's confusing me, if I done:

#Ifdown eth1
#ifup eth1

Then checked the resolv.conf, the file had been updated! My resolution for that was to set the interface to manual in yast, then install 'ifplugd' which sorted it out.

Any ideas how to get just the standard suse stuff to do it? Configured through yast.

Cheers,

Craig 'the list spammer'