[Scottish] Skype?

Ben Thorp thorpb at uk.ibm.com
Mon Sep 6 11:49:54 BST 2004

PhoneGAIM implements the SIPPhone protocol, which claims to be the most
popular VoIP standard.  There is a comparison chart at
http://www.phonegaim.com/thecall.html (although this is probably biased).

You can read about SIP at http://www.sipphone.com/

I couldn't find anything to suggest whether or not SIP includes encryption,
although the chart on the Skype page may include SIP with 'Other standard
VoIP clients', in which case it may not.

scottish-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk wrote on 06/09/2004 11:31:30:

> Ben et al
>

> > A FOSS alternative would appear to be PhoneGAIM (www.phonegaim.com)
which