[Scottish] Training for Work Placements

Karen McSporran mcsp-ci0 at wpmail.paisley.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 12:25:10 BST 2005

I work for the University of Paisley IT Academy as Placement Support Officer, under the Government's "Training for Work" Programme.

Our current class of MCP/Linux students is due for Work Placement on Monday 9th May and are looking to take up a 13 week placement in a commercial environment in order to give them some hands-on experience.

All our trainees are over 25 and have gone through a rigorous selection process.  Many are post-graduate students while others have previous experience in industry.

If you have any IT Projects you would like some assistance with, or feel that the students could help your IT professionals and gain this valuable experience, then please have a look at the attached documents.

I have attached the course outline and details of the scheme for your attention.  If you are interested in taking part in the programme, you could meet with some of the candidates and select the best person for your IT project.  I would then carry out a short Health and Safety visit to your premises and everything will then be set for the placement to begin.

We try to make the process as easy and as bureaucracy-free as possible so you only have to sign one simple form (attached) if you agree to take a placement!

There are no costs to you associated with this scheme as students' allowances and expenses are covered by Scottish Enterprise.

If you would be interested in taking on a placement student or would like any further information, then please do not hesitate to contact me at the number below.

Karen McSporran
Placement Support Officer
IT Academy
University of Paisley
0141 848 3441
www.paisley.ac.uk/computing/itacademy/

Legal disclaimer

The information transmitted is the property of the University of Paisley and is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Statements and opinions expressed in this
e-mail may not represent those of the company.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.