[Scottish] defy id card meeting

Colin.Speirs at scotland.gsi.gov.uk Colin.Speirs at scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Fri Feb 4 15:17:19 GMT 2005

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

>  --- Charles McCrimmon <Specis at Specis-Design.co.uk> wrote:
> > So if you dont oppose the ID cards then you best not appear at this
> > meeting then? Or would it be safe to attend even if you think its
> > actually a good idea?
>
> Well this particular meeting is to get together people who
> oppose the cards already so we can organise ourselves, and so
> someone supporting the cards would be about as welcome as a
> microsoft salesman at a linux install fest.

Bearing in mind I'm a Civil Servant and thus manage to maintain public
neutrality on this issue with all the aplomb the job entails I assume
then that this restriction will apply to me, as an employee of the
Government seeking to introduce this measure?

Would I  have to show ID to prove that I didn't work for the Civil
Service?

cds

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free