[Scottish] Weird Problem ( Network)

Subhi S Hashwa lists at subhi.com
Sat Jul 23 02:50:24 BST 2005

Friday, July 22, 2005, 10:30:25 PM, phil at miracleexpress.force9.co.uk wrote:

> I am running the 64 bit club version of Mandriva 2005 LE, and when the machine
> turns off or reboots, it is shutting down the eth1 connection, totally, so as
> the light on the router goes off, and when it boots back up again then it
> opens it back up and relights. This didn't happen prior to this version.

> It means when the wife goes into windows the eth1 access has been
> disconnected, and she cant get on the internet.

> does anyone of any easy solution to solve this? Or what would be causing it?

It sounds like a hardware or driver issue. First I'd check the
firmware on the motherboard+any controllers is the latest version,
then check the device drivers make sure they're the latest (you may
have to compile custom kernel for that).

Do the usual things, make sure the machine isn't running too hot, the
memory is ok (use www.memtest86.com)

Good luck.

--
Best regards,
 Subhi S Hashwa                          mailto:lists at subhi.com
 When everything is heading your way, you're in the wrong lane.