[Scottish] Linux Install Day

babaguy babaguy at myway.com
Wed Mar 23 12:31:32 GMT 2005

 Oh Please ! Oh Please ! Oh Please Oh PLE-EASE ! ! !      I eventually installed Ubuntu ( Thanks Magnus ! ) , but for the life of me, I still cannot make very much of Linux - like, maybe I don't get 98% of it - and I'm still sure it's a great way to do things, but it is very difficult for me to comprehend.............
     I'll be there whenevr and wherever it will be !
                                      Yours ever in hope,
                                                                          - Paul Birchard

--- On Tue 03/22, Scott M < scottm at spamcop.net > wrote:From: Scott M [mailto: scottm at spamcop.net]To: scottish at mailman.lug.org.ukDate: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:31:36 -0000Subject: [Scottish] Linux Install DayBeen bit of a discussion on IRC regarding this today and the response seemedgood.The idea would be to get members of the general public to bring machinesalong that we'd install Linux on for them. Then most likely some tutorialson Firefox, Thunderbird, GAIM and Open Office. Though the particular talksand software installed is open for debate.I personally think that Ubuntu would be the way to go as we could also givethem a pressed CD to go along with it.I would be willing to attempt to organise it if others are interested inhelping.Scott MacVicar_______________________________________________Scottish mailing listScottish at mailman.lug.org.ukhttp://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/scottish