[Scottish] USB memory sticks and SuSE 9.3

Robert Barbour rlbarbour at castleventures.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 15:07:19 GMT 2006

 OK, I've got a bit more info ...
 In logical order ...

 The memory stick is easily read by a dell laptop and the files copied etc.
 (The files in question were written to the stick by an apple laptop.)

 Suse machine is now putting another icon up 'floppy' - i don't know what produced this, as the floppy drive on the machine has never been used.

 When I click to open it, ..dev/sda comes up in the location box, then a popup window says the process has died!

 I get the same result whether or not the memory stick is in the USB port, but no light or action on the floppy drive, even with a disk in it!

 I haven't tried the live mounting thing yet ...

 Regards
 RLB

  Message Received: Jan 02 2006, 05:06 PM