[Scottish] Linux compatible Wireless router??

Colin.Speirs at scotland.gsi.gov.uk Colin.Speirs at scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Tue Nov 7 16:37:15 GMT 2006

--
Colin D. Speirs
ISIS Business Solutions
2nd Floor Europa Building                     x20292

That's what I hoped from the router end, it was the next bit I was
hoping to get an answer for

> As the Linux computer is just acting as a client over
> standard network
> protocols, which wireless router you use is basically irrelevant.
> Compatibility problems come into play when you start talking about
> wireless interface cards at the other side of the network
> link for the
> Linux PC itself. Does your computer have a wireless interface
> that you
> have used before or are you planning on purchasing one for it?

There are two possibilities for a wireless interface. It comes with a
PCI card or a USB dongle. I am expecting that the PCI card won't work
with it, but that maybe, just maybe, the USB one might. Don't know why
I'm that optimistic, I just am.

Unless you can suggest a separate card that would be worthwhile getting?

col

This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s).  Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted.  If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

Communications with the Scottish Executive may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.  The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Executive.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by Government Secure Intranet (GSi)  virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.
On leaving the GSI this email was certified virus free.
The MessageLabs Anti Virus Service is the first managed service to achieve the CSIA Claims Tested Mark (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007), the UK Government quality mark initiative for information security products and services.  For more information about this please visit www.cctmark.gov.uk