[Scottish] Linux compatible Wireless router??

Werner M. Mayer wmm at gmx.li
Sat Nov 11 04:11:07 GMT 2006

Hi Colin,

I have a Zyxel P-660hw and I mainly use it over cable network with
linux mainly and sometimes with Windows XP.

It works fine via cable and with wlan disabled completely.

As I have heard of the main tricky thing is configuring the WLAN
network with WPA and WEP under Linux buit it should work.

The Zyxel 660hw has a web interface and a telnet interface where
you can do extra configurations you can't manage over the web
interface.

I have decided to switch off the WLAN-feature as I don't need it
and have attached a 24 port 3COM switch to it and when all my
computers are up and running either Gentoo linux or WinXP it
works quite well.

Hope I was of help. I use Arcor as a provider in Germany.

Bye, Werner.