[Scottish] Re: [edlug] Freenode IRC Network

Gary Hendricks merlin at project415.org
Fri Apr 6 15:28:12 BST 2007

Dan Shearer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 02:09:01PM +0100, Robert Mclay wrote:
>

>>  This is just my opinion to share with the group, and
>>  I can see your perspective too.
>>

> My motivations are these:
>
>  1. I'd like to see as many channels as active as possible
>
>  2. Encouraging people to go to a channel where there isn't enough
>     activity tends to discourage people, and I know that if I point
>     someone at #scottish there's a good chance they'll find a
>     conversation to join and talk about whatever it was they wanted to
>     talk about.
>
> I don't really mind either, just so long as people do stuff with a view
> to maximising the useful energy rather than bothering about geography.
> I've yet to understand how an Apache problem is specific to Glasgow but
> I'm sure it's possible :-) :-)

My experience with #scotlug is that it is one of the channels you will
actually get a response to your problem. Many other channels I joined,
people were less than helpful, to say the very least.

As Dan suggested, it is not just Glasgow centric, we have members from
all over the UK, US and yes, a Russian.. (Not to mention some other folk
that keep a low profile)

-Gary