[Scottish] Kino workshop - video editing for Linux, Wednesday 7th February 2007

simon yuill simon at lipparosa.org
Thu Feb 1 21:34:12 GMT 2007

Hi,

There was a bit of discussion last December about video editing on
Linux, anyway, I finally got my act together and am giving a workshop,
initially just on Kino and FFMPEG, next week in Glasgow.  Info below.

best wishes
Si

Kino workshop - video editing for Linux
at the Electron Club, Centre for Contemporary Arts (CCA), 350
Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
Wednesday 7th February 2007, starting at 7.30pm
admission free - no booking required

This will give a hands-on introduction to working with Kino, a
simple-to-use video editing tool for Linux, and FFMPEG, a tool for
converting between video formats and many more deeply useful things.

More information on Kino is available at:

http://www.kinodv.org
http://www.yourmachines.org/tutorials/kino.html

and for FFMPEG:

http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFmpeg

It is also intended that this workshop can act as a first meeting for
people more generally interested in video and related things such as
video streaming, animation, and installation, etc.

Presented by Simon Yuill, contact info at electronclub.org for more
information.