[Scottish] Gaelic Spellchecker

Kyle Gordon kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Mon Feb 12 22:20:08 GMT 2007

Subhi S Hashwa wrote:
> Monday, February 12, 2007, 8:15:51 PM, J.R. Seago¹ wrote:
>

>> Two points to consider here, have a look here: http://tinyurl.com/3e55b2
>> why is the Gaelic spell checker only available to operate on  Microsoft
>> office? (If it can be made to work on Free Software please let me know
>> before I get cross for the wrong reason).
>>

> after some quick research it looks like there is a spell checker in
> Scots-Gaelic
>
> see: http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/suselinux/myspell-gaelic-scots.html
>
>  myspell-gaelic-scots
> Scottish Gaelic Dictionary for MySpell
>
> The Scottish Gaelic dictionary for MySpell.
> The MySpell spell-checker is used by the OpenOffice.org office suite,
> the Mozilla Composer, and the Mozilla Mail message composition window.

kylegordon at AdminTao:~$ apt-cache search gaelic | grep -i spell
myspell-gd - Scots Gaelic dictionary for myspell
myspell-gv - Manx Gaelic dictionary for myspell
igaelic - A Scots Gaelic dictionary for ispell
imanx - A Manx Gaelic dictionary for ispell
kylegordon at AdminTao:~$

Not just MySpell that supports Gaelic then :-)

Kyle