[Scottish] Gaelic Spellchecker

Kyle Gordon kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Mon Feb 12 22:26:09 GMT 2007

J.R. Seago¹ wrote:
> Two points to consider here, have a look here: http://tinyurl.com/3e55b2
> why is the Gaelic spell checker only available to operate on  Microsoft
> office? (If it can be made to work on Free Software please let me know
> before I get cross for the wrong reason).

I'd hazard a guess and put it down to the old market share excuse. To
quote the press release "Versions for use with other types of software,
including open source, are currently in development and will be
announced shortly."

It might be worth emailing them to express your support for the Open
Source edition. Alternatively, you could download and extract the MSI
package, and check to see what license it is released under.

Kyle