[Scottish] time spent on Linux stuff...

Daniel Owens danny at ipalchemy.com
Wed Feb 28 22:40:27 GMT 2007

Hi Paul,

I have followed this story for some time with mild amusement and little
real interest.

I no longer find it amusing.

I have watched reasonable suggestions by competent individuals go
contradicted or ignored followed by grumbling and whining that things
are just not working.   The truth is that Linux is not always easy for
everyone in every conceivable context.   Sometimes things just don't
come together as intended or expected.

In using Linux over several years I have learned patience, self reliance
and flexibility.   Above all I have learned to listen carefully to the
suggestions of those who have solved particular problems for themselves.

In my own career I have occasionally bitten off more than I can chew, I
have needed to put down projects and come back to them later.   I often
find that mental background processes provide a whole new perspective on
picking a parked project up again weeks or months later.

With the greatest respect, perhaps it is time to park your own project
and allow your mental background processes to do their own special kind
of magic.

kind regards,
Danny