[Scottish] Kubuntu Install help.....?

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Mar 6 19:01:31 GMT 2007

babaguy wrote:
> [snip]

I hate to be a killjoy, but why are you switching from Ubuntu (GNOME) to
Kubuntu (KDE)?  This will completely change your user experience once the OS
is installed.

> The kubuntu logo came up and a back-and-forth bar, but no info about the progress of the install -

... because it wasn't installing ... New {U|Ku|Xu}buntu install CDs double
up as live CDs, so they will boot the full OS before you can install it.

> Eventually it has given me a command line, and I have no idea what it wants me to do...

The fact that you're not getting a graphical desktop sounds like your
graphics card isn't being detected, or you've somehow been dumped into text
mode - try pressing ALT+F7 or ALT+F8 when it's fully booted to switch from
text consoles to graphics console.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the