[Scottish] Re: Scottish Digest, Vol 185, Issue 1

Roland Ward roland.ward at penguinfactory.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 13:51:30 BST 2007

How are you trying to connect to the server? Have you tried typing in
\\<IP ADDRESS> from the run prompt on a windows box that you have
previously pinged from successfully? Are you getting an error after
seeing the shares or before even seeing the server? Samba can be told to
allow hosts from a certain IP address range - check your smb.conf for
network restrictions.

--
Roland Ward (Director)

Penguin Factory Ltd
www.penguinfactory.co.uk
Tel: 0845 868 3988

PenguinFactory Limited is a limited company registered in Scotland registered in Scotland number SC270171.
Registered office: Penguin Factory Limited, c/o Sinclair Wood and Co. 90 Mitchell Street Glasgow. G1 3NQ.