[Scottish] Re: News Letter April 08

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Apr 12 22:15:30 BST 2008

Arron M Finnon wrote:
> It seems some where a long the line i lost to whole concept of what's
> going on in this thread.  I'm not sure if I've offended, pissed off, or
> replied to people to their satisfaction.

Hi Arron,

I personally have grumbled about non-scotlug stuff being posted to the
scotlug list, or non-scotlug stuff being added to the scotlug wiki, but
mainly because I thought the consensus was that scotlug = glasgow's lug,
and mailing us about what's going on 50 or 100 miles away seemed a bit
daft within that context.

I personally have advocated trying to transform scotlug into an
"umbrella" lug, allowing *all* scottish lugs somewhere to chat, exchange
ideas, and help each other, and that the traditional glasgow lug
meetings become part of a more localised glasgow lug.  However, on the
two occasions where I've put this forward, it's had cold water poured on
it, so I haven't aggressively pursued it.

Anyway regardless, sans a list-wide complaint regarding your own posts,
I'd keep posting; some definitely find them interesting :)

-n