[Scottish] Linux Laptop

babaguy babaguy at myway.com
Sun Jun 15 19:35:49 BST 2008

John -

The Non-wireless router all you Linux folk pointed me to a couple of years ago is the Safecom ADSL modem Router - it has one ethernet and one other type of connection (It doesn't look like a USB port ) -

It was the ONE thing whatever version of Linux I tried recognised and as it's not wireless it isn't sharing all your info with the world at large - or so I'm led to believe...

It wasn't expensive and works fine so far - I've had it almost two year - and I don't THINK it requires a CD to configure your computer (though it might if you have two machines plumbed into it - I've only ever had one, via an ethernet cable...

Hope this is of some help...

- Paul B.