[Scottish] IMAP server

Roland Ward roland.ward at penguinfactory.co.uk
Sat May 10 17:49:52 BST 2008

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:29:20 +0100
> From: "Andrew Barber" <andrew.alex.barber at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Scottish] IMAP Server
> To: scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk, ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Hey guys,I am just looking for a couple of suggestions on good IMAP Server
> software. We was looking over DOVECOT recently, but just wondered what you
> guys thought of that and others that are out there.
>
> Thanks :)

Dovecot is good but so we also use Courier happily. I haven't found an
overriding reason to use one over the other - they both just work and
can authenticate against different sources. Anything to just get people
off Pop3 servers!

I'd also mention Cyrus. Ok it's a bit of a black box solution and not as
straightforward to administer as the others but it handles shared
folders really well and has a very powerful set of ACLs which is why
I've seen many of the groupware type mail products chose it for a backend.

--
Roland Ward (Director)

Penguin Factory Ltd
www.penguinfactory.co.uk