[Sderby] RE: C lessons

James Carter sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Apr 25 20:43:00 2003

> Just out of interest, what are people expecting to get out of a C
> course?  It'd help if I knew where we were going with this, before
> starting out, then we don't end up with a series of C lectures which
> are essentially not what people want
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave
>

>>Andre
Hi

I have been watching this thread passively and I am expecting to come
over to Moria on Sunday and join in on the meeting. I have attended a 10
   part C++ lecture before. I was hoping to attend this as a bit of a
refresher. As you have asked what people want to get out of this
personally my aim is to start creating a aerothemal modeling programme
(It's a tool I use at work all the time). This will lead me to develop
an understanding of how an open source project works, program
development, CVS etc. Perhaps I may end up the maintainer of my own
project, but this is a long way off as I can't even programme properly yet.

James