[Sderby] ISPs

David Jolley dave at lucien.cx
Tue Nov 4 17:26:13 GMT 2003

James Tait wrote:

>Their customer service is awful though.  I had to provide my Direct
>Debit details to them for 3 years running.  When I moved over to NTL, I
>cancelled my account in August before it expired at the end of
>September.  They still charged me for a year's subscription, then when I
>phoned them to ask why they said they had no record of me cancelling and
>they would take the call as a cancellation request and charge me for the
>interim period.  The cheque was apparently in the post, but I'm still
>waiting to receive it.

Good point.  Which reminds me that I still owe them the best part of
200ukp cos they didn't tell me that I'd forgotten to tell them my new
credit card number when the old one expired.  It was only when I closed
the account (or tried to) that the discrepancy came to light.

So maybe avoid Demon 'cos their billing system is *crap*.  But I stand
by my statement that the dialup access is excellent...

Cheers

Dave.