[Sderby] ISPs

Ashley Heath ashley.heath at bigfoot.com
Tue Nov 4 19:01:44 GMT 2003

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:12:36 +0000
David Jolley <dave at lucien.cx> wrote:

> Mike Hemstock wrote:
>
> >Folks,
> >
> >I know this question's been asked a million times before, but does anyone know
> >any good dialup ISPs?  All I need is plain old unmetered internet access,
> >nice and cheap, but reliable.
> >

> Cheap, Reliable.  Pick 1...
>
> I hear that Tiscali comes highly recommended :)
>
> Demon aren't cheap, but their Dialup is superb.  Plusnet are supposed to
> be ok at dialup, certainly no artificial cut-off time limit, but I'm not
> sure about pricing.

I'll second Plusnet, been using them for over 12 months, no forced 2hr disconnects. Its possible to register and dial up from 5 different CLI numbers, although not at the same time ;) and I have found them to be very reliable. Unmetered is £14.99 month (40hrs/week max fair usage maximum) Night time access between 1am and 7am is free and does not count towards your fair usage maximum, use this quite a lot for scheduled downloads and Debian online upgrades etc.

Ash