[Sderby] Getting the GUI to display through VNC

Chris.Dawson at aaug.net Chris.Dawson at aaug.net
Sun Aug 29 11:34:19 BST 2004

I'm a bit of a newbie to Linux and have spent some time setting up a
server to act as a backup on which to hold copies of my data.

I now want to move it into another part of the house and run it
remotely, accessing it via VNC.

I've go VNC working but I get terminal type screen and not the gui
(gnome in my case).

I can't spot how - if I can - to get the normal gui in the VNC screen.

Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Running Fedora, version 1, core but setting up a Fedora2 at the mo.

Thanks

Chris.

---