Roll out the red tarpit... [was Re: [Sderby] Linux mags]

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 23 19:25:19 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 19:12, Paul Grosse wrote:

> In addition to spam, you can also endulge in gluing up phishing attacks or
> spanish prisoner attacks by sending them a tarpitted email address. If you
> want to, you can use my server for this by using an email address as
> follows...
> [any.name.you.like]@[anything.you.like].[info2|data2].mine.nu
> where any name or thing are just letters and numbers (but not starting with a
> number).
> Several times a week, I get some phisher trying to email me for several hours
> at a time (3.25 hours last time). The more there are, the longer it will take
> them to annoy us.

Well done that man - it's nice to see some
public-spirited action like this :-)

I'll have to give it a try when I finally get
round to finishing rebuilding my server and
taking it to the hosting service.

btw it would make a good article in PCP :-)

 - Richard

--

www.kyfieithu.co.uk - Meddalwedd Rhydd yn Gymraeg
www.cymrux.org.uk - Linux Cymraeg ar un CD!