[Sderby] Re: Hardware and junk food help.

Harry Sheppard harry at disgruntledgoat.com
Fri Oct 1 22:36:16 BST 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 22:37, Richard Smedley wrote:

> Well MAC stood, I think, for media access controller, and ``Big
> Mac'' was a Sun Engineer's humourous term for Sun's first fast ethernet
> chipset.
Hehe yeah - kinda figures :-)

> Calling the next one ``Happy Meal'' was probably inevitable
> for them.
This is true... Didn't know if they were names that Sun had assigned or if one
of the UltraPenguin crew got bored and decided that would be the best way of
badging them...

> btw From drivers/net/sunhme.c ...
Yep - should always remember to grep the kernel source - generally something
both informative and amusing found mooching in the comments :-)

Cheers,
--Harry