[Sderby] BIND

Mike Hemstock hemstock at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 22:46:11 BST 2004

Hi folks,

I'm trying to setup DNS, but I'm finding it a bit of a BIND.  I have the
server managing a domain and that works fine and I have another server
managing a subdomain of the aforementioned domain and that also works fine.
When both servers need to consult the root servers, this again works fine.
However, what I cannot work out how to do is get the domain.com server to
consult the sub.domain.com server when it needs to resolve names of the
subdomain.  How should I configure BIND to know about the existence of the
other server?

Regards,
Mike.