[Sderby] New Boy Needs Help

Ray Curd rayjc at superdad.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 08:05:31 BST 2006

Steve Warren wrote:

> Hi, my name is Steve and I am a complete novice when it comes to linux.
>
> I have had Suse 10.1 for a while from Linux Format magazine, I
> currently dual boot with windows XP.
>
> I am trying to install some software namely Superkaramba and trying to
> get my wireless USB Adaptor to work. My hardwired broadband works fine.
>
> I have just received a copy of Ubuntu and I am considering swapping to
> that. Is that any easier to configure than the Suse? I prefer the look
> of the Suse 10.1.
>
> Can anybody recommend a good book or website that goes through a
> step-by-step type of layout for a complete novice?
>
> cheers,
> Steve

> Join us on IRC: irc.lug.org.uk #sderby

Hi,
Here are some links that will help you get started

<http://www.linuxnovice.org/>
<http://www.justlinux.com/>

and SUSE10.1 itself has a good set of user manuals to help you configure
and get started, if you are using KDE click on the lifebelt icon which
should be in the main task bar.

Best of luck

Ray Curd