[Sderby] Newcomer to Linux

Peter Baker baker.p at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 20:53:55 GMT 2007

Ubuntu 6.10 seems to be the best offering for straight out of the box
installs and the easiest to use once installed, you won't really gain
anything from purchasing the distros other than telephone support.  There
are free versions of RedHat, called Fedora, which are also quite good and
favoured by a few LUG members. Quite a few of us favour Debian based distros
such as Ubuntu and some people even like SUSE! (No idea why though!).  Why
not pop along to a Friday meeting and discuss it further, always some
friendly faces.