[StAndrews and Fife LUG] plugins

brian duncan standrews at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Apr 14 23:13:03 2003

thanks.  ah - the Create New does what I was looking for. now why didn't =
I see that before.
yes, I see Mozilla, and tended to use that, but didn't have Java or flash=
, so was=20
attempting to upgrade to a later version as I thought it would then work.

(why do sites have flash !   ;o[ )

yep, that helped a lot. thanks.

Brian

On Monday 14 Apr 2003 22:25, Gilbert Serex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried Mozilla? it is like Netscape. it is even in the start
> menu under Start > Networking > WWW > Mozilla (mandrake 8-9) this works
> well for me.
>
> To create a shortcut on the Desktop, I think you have to drag and drop
> from the start menu like on Windows.
>
> I agree that application are not installing themselves on the start men=
> but most of the necessary application are already there,  If you really
> want to add a button from the desktop to an application use your popup
> menu (right mouse button) on the desktop > Create New > Link to
> application, select the execute tab and insert the full path to
> application there, you can even change the Icon to the one of your
> choice (a png) if you click on the default "gear" Icon.
>
> If you don't know where your application is, Type "whereis netscape"
> (without the quotes in an Xterm window and it will likely tell you that
> NS in under /usr/bin or /bin or else?!
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> I also agree that linux is not for the faintest of hearts but it'll get
> there, when you see the latest review on Lindows the gap is closing
> pretty well fast.
>
> Gilbert
>
> On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 21:58, brian duncan wrote:
> > I'm having problems with running Netscape and plugins (particularly J=
RE)