[StALUG] Happy Wednesday

Roy Bamford zenadsl6108 at zen.co.uk
Thu Jun 25 16:33:06 UTC 2020

On 2020.06.25 10:45, Stuart McCulloch Anderson via StAndrews wrote:
[snip]
> How wound you like to build a community? I'm not sure mailing list
> still
> have the same reach they used to, but there's are options now
>
> * mailing lists
> * irc (assuming people still use it?)
> * discord
> * matrix.org - this one's new to me but so far I'm actually loving it
> (anything I can self host usually wins my vote)
>
> Stuart

[snip]

Hi everyone,

mailing lists and irc work for me.

discord ... not a chance. I read their terms of service.

matrix.org?
I've not tried that.

I started playing with Linux in 1999 after I found it on a double
sided DVD on a magazine cover mount. (I still have the DVD)
That was Read Hat 6.1. I followed Ret Hat becoming more
and more unhappy with it until in April 2002 we got broadband.
A whole 512k bit/sec download. :)

I downloaded Red Hat 9 but installed Gentoo instead. I've
stuck with Gentoo everywhere ever since.

Regards,

Roy Bamford.