[Sussex] Network problem

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Tue Feb 25 18:19:02 UTC 2003

> Will I have started making my own CDR / CDRW disks business.  As such
> well all know that CDR /CDRW disks only work on windows.  It will be my
> business policy of bagging all CDR CDRW with Linux just sell few more.

As far as I'm aware, CDR's and CDRW's can be burnt under Linux:
http://www.geocities.com/rlcomp_1999/cdrw.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

> Drivers being a problem with NIC, who, where, I don't know of any.

Usually, the better manufacturers are better supported as they tend to
look for performance improvements rather than cutting costs, and the fact
that more people use them so support is much greater.

> What is wrong with KVM switch?  Rather useful if need to save some space
> and play about with software.

KVM switches are useful, but are prone to interference which may cause
ghosting of the image on the monitor. This problem is especially common
with Belkin, perhaps because of their poor build quality.

If you can get away with using VNC, use that instead:
http://www.realvnc.com/

I too have had problems with Belkin. It seems that their focus is on cost
rather than quality.

--
John