[Sussex] Taking the plunge

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Mon Jun 30 00:14:00 UTC 2003

Hi Geoff & all,
I could get away without using colour, so thanks for the idea.

However I finally set up my system - either Debian & WINE, or
Win95/Debian 3 dual boot, I shall need to use some Windows apps.
for sound/MIDI recording & editing & music score creating & printing.
I will try Linux sound related apps., but there doesn't seem to be
much in the way of well developed score writing packages just now. If
there were, Windows wouldn't even feature as an option for me.

It is a true sign of the help I have received on this list & at sites like
DebianHelp.org, that I've gone from trying Debian 2.2 as a complete
Linux newbie to wanting to run Debian as my sole OS.

It would be v nice if the install for Debian 3 is a bit nicer than it was
for 2.2. Here's hoping.

Gavin