[Sussex] More gentoo problems!!!

Steve Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 1 10:04:12 UTC 2004

John,

Sorry I couldn't make the moot on Thursday - I was up in Luton and got caught
up in the usual M25 rush hour snarl up. Not helped by the current roadworks
around Staines.

When I first looked at the USE flags I thought that I would get away with a
minimal number. After a bit of reading I decided to include all but the ones
I definitely wouldn't be needing. This ended up being rather long but my
system works fine as a result. The following will probably bring peals of
laughter from the hardened gurus among the group, but this is what I ended up
with:

USE="3dnow aalib acl acpi adns alsa apache2 apm arts avi berkdb bidi cdr
bonobo crypt cscope cups curl dga directfb doc dvd dvdr emacs emacs-w3 encode
ethereal evo fam fastcgi fbcon firebird foomaticdb freetds gd gdbm ggi gif
gnome gphoto2 gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 gtkhtml guile imap imagemagick imlib
innodb ipv6 java jikes joystick jpeg kde kerberos krb4 ldap leim libg++
libgda libwww lirc mad maildir mbox mcal mmx motif mozilla mpeg mpi mysql nas
ncurses odbc oggvorbis opengl pam pcmcia pda ppds pdflib perl png pnp
postgres prelude python qt quicktime readline ruby samba sasl scanner sdl slp
snmp spell sse ssl sqlite svga tcltk tcpd tetex tiff truetype trusted unicode
usb videos wmf wxwindows X Xaw3d xinerama xosd xml xml2 xmms xv zlib x86"

You can find a full list of USE flags here:

http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml

Good luck! If you think I can assist further please let me know.

Steve Williams.