[Sussex] Dell Latitude C640 versus C840

Frances Fleming fay at uthink.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 19:55:29 UTC 2005

Thank you for your quick response, Mark.

Yes, I do appreciate a 15" screen.

However, this laptop will mainly be used for carrying around, and weight
is a definite issue. For example, when I was in London every day one
week in July, my laptop (Toshiba Tecra 8200) carrycase strap made my
shoulder sore, and nearly pulled my arm out of its socket if I carried
it by hand, and that was only the first day. It was just from my house
to the station, from Victoria onto the tube and off again to an office
across the way. I used a trolley bag from day two onwards, but still had
to carry it up and down interminable tube steps.

Also, I used it in the train both journeys on battery.

Really, I'd like the C840, but would be happy with the lighter C640 if I
wasn't missing too much other than screen size.

What do you think about the relative merits of the video cards, for one
thing, or any of the other differences?

BTW, it doesn't matter that the C840 is currently out of stock.