[Sussex] Dell Latitude C640 versus C840

Mark Harrison (Groups) mph at ascentium.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 20:36:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 20:59 +0100, Frances Fleming wrote:

> What do you think about the relative merits of the video cards, for
> one
> thing, or any of the other differences?

I know next to nothing about video cards. I have a high-end home cinema
setup for watching DVDs, and seldom play games, so for me PC video cards
are generally required to display OpenOffice - they can all cope :-)

Both appeared to have the obligatory networking, which is really all I
need.

My own laptop is vastly inferior to either, yet performs fine for my
requirements - that suggests that either would be over-specced for my
needs, so it would come down to a simple "screen size vs. weight"
question.

> BTW, it doesn't matter that the C840 is currently out of stock.

Good.