[Sussex] Dell Latitude C640 versus C840

Mark Harrison (Groups) mph at ascentium.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 20:40:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 21:25 +0100, Steve Dobson wrote:

> I know what you mean.  I now use a backpack carrier because this
> spreads
> the weight evenly across both shoulders.  I find it much more
> comfortable
> (even if it is not quite so professional looking - but I consider a
> comfort more important than looks).

I'm vainer that you :-)

However, I too use a backpack carrier, because I consider reducing the
risk of long-term spinal injury more important than looks.

The other advantage of a laptop case that doesn't look like a laptop
case is that it reduces the risk of mugging / theft. Perhaps less of an
issue in London at the moment, where it is possible to encounter 5
separate pairs of police officers in the process of walking across
Victoria station, but certainly something that DID concern me at
"further out" tube stations like South Harrow in the evenings when I was
doing that commute regularly.

Mark