[Sussex] logout/end session vs reboot system!

Steve Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 6 23:31:58 UTC 2005

John D. wrote:
> When I'm using the graphic login as root, I can tell the system to log
> out, and I get a nice dialogue box that asks if I want to end the
> session, log out and switch off or restart the system.
>
> If I to the same when logged in as user, I don't get any such dialogue,
> the system just reboots.
>
> How can I change things so that I get the options dialogue? as it's
> really really annoying to have to restart the system?
>
> regards
>
> John D.
  Further...

My Athlon XP 2600+ is currently compiling Gentoo to reside alongside the
  existing Windows XP install.

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe/nForce2/Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet
GeForce FX 5700
SIL 3112a SATA RAID with 2x160Gb Maxtor HDD

So far I've had great fun with re-compiling everything with gcc-3.4.3
instead of 3.3.4 - much gnashing of teeth first time round.

I'm currently emerging apache php bind kde kdesdk evolution
mozilla-firefox-bin mozilla-thunderbird-bin openoffice-bin koffice
lilypond rosegarden - I guess I'll come back next week and see how it's
cooking!

Steve W.