[Sussex] logout/end session vs reboot system!

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jan 7 00:03:49 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 23:16 +0000, Steve Williams wrote:
> Have a look under KDE>settings>system administration>login manager
>
> There should be a setting on the last page of the ensuing dialog box
> that controls who can log out and how (if memory serves me correctly).
>
> This your new Gentoo installation?

Nope, all that did was to cycle the login straight to the kde login
window again. It must have the options, for Clare to be able to select
"restart", but for me to be able to switch between root and user
sessions.

I just can't find what I need to change/edit!

The gentoo isn't that new, I installed it, erm November, I think?

I've been trying quite hard, too get to learn how to do stuff with CLI
but I think I'm suffering from a windows based mental block (that keeps
crashing when I need to do something CLI based :-P ).

As usual, whenever I think I'm getting somewhere, something else crops
up and the system seems to want to give me the "vaseline coated
pineapple" treatment - rough end first! :-(

regards

John D.