[Sussex] sudo

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Sun Jan 23 01:15:36 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 01:12:14AM +0000, Richie Jarvis wrote:
> So, my question is whether sudo will still allow this sort of
> behaviour - I don't want to lock them out of their boxes, just out of
> the fileserver.

You can configure sudo to do all manner of things.  You can tell sudo to
allow a user (or groups of users) to only run certain applications.  Of
course, this might allow them to access information across the NFS share
-- but then the problem doesn't sit with sudo, but how you have
/etc/exports defined on the NFS server.

-- Thomas Adam

--
I know nothing, and understand even less.