[Sussex] Knoppix display shifted to right on Shuttle

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sat Oct 1 02:25:28 UTC 2005

Frances

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 01:24:59AM +0100, Frances Fleming wrote:
<snip>
> Anyway, instead, he tried it on his desktop. This was the DVD version,
> and he found it a bit slow *. He realises it is probably because the
> desktop is lower spec and has a Celeron processor, but agreed it has
> lots of great stuff on it.
>
> * This could be another good reason to stick with CDs on our stand, as
> not everyone is going to have a good enough spec'd machine to cope with
> a live DVD OS. And we don't want disappointed customers, do we? :-)

CDs, being the lowest common denominator for a live distro, make that
the best format for us.

There is also the little fact that Nik has had 500 blank CDs made up and
we need to make use of them.  If we switched to DVDs then that would
leave Nik with a whole bunch of Sussex LUG CDs and little to use them
for.

QOTD:
	"I drive my car quietly, for it goes without saying."