[Sussex] The 'Puppy' Live CD

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 16:21:47 UTC 2006

While I am at present looking at some distros I have given 'Puppy' a try.
I am impressed, it has an amazingly complete environment and as it loads
totally into RAM the speed is truly amazing. (I have no HD connected).
The file size on CD is 71meg and when loaded and configured (Xorg for
nvidia and Lan) it is occupying only 200meg of the 512meg. It even has
HTML editor and gFTP.
I would encourage users to boot from this and take a look. This gives
some insight into the $100 computer for the developing world which has
O/S in ROM and no hard disk. (Red Hat are supporting this one).