[Sussex] SLOGoppix - What's in a name

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Mon Aug 7 07:07:19 UTC 2006

Nik

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 07:07 +0100, Nicholas Butler wrote:
> hahahahahahah Hey Steve, Adam do you guys remember the BOF on
> LUG.org.uk  ?  I think this needs a JFDI response.

I'm kinda into that.

> Look lets leave it that those who work on the day who create the actuall
> CD and have tested it can then pull a name from a hat .

Wroks for me.

But if I remember right so far we have a number of single suggestions
for alternate names and two votes for SLUGoppix.  If this is discussion
over then I declare that that makes SLUGoppix the winner.

On the other hand you could say this discussion is complete irrelevant
anyway because the disks we burn them to will no doubt be blanks - no
labels.  I have a few (<10) of the old printed disks left which I will
be taking to make a master or two (and a reWriteable DVD for testing).
But the next disks for the show will have to be burned on to blank
media.

Nik: Can you arrange to get blank media to pre-burn the CDs for
September's BCF?