[Sussex] Soekris question for Steve D

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Mon Feb 27 13:48:26 UTC 2006

Ronan

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 12:59 +0000, Ronan Chilvers wrote:
> Steve - if I order one I'll let you know and happily get those
> extra bits.

Cheers.

> Reliable gang are they?

AFAIK it is a one man band.  But I've meet Wim at Linux Expo, he's been
there for the last two years to my knowledge.  I've order serveral
systems serveral time and the only problem I've ever had was with UPS
getting it to my door, which isn't Wim's problem.

> The website is a little on the basic side, not wanting to be judging books by the
> cover or anything!!??!!

Basic is an understatement.

> Does the HDD you have fit inside the case?

Yes - just, if you use the slim line one.  In touchs the top of the
case, but it does fit.

> Did you buy a board and case bundle?

I've bought both.  The reason that I want another case is that cases
that fitted the net4801 + lan1641 were not available when I last bought
- so I just got the board.  I installed it inside a 1U rackmount PC.
The power from the PSU in the PC was enought to power the unit.

> Are you using it with a USB ADSL modem perchance?

No.  I have a proper ADSL router.

> Fiddleability (to use Steve's excellent phrase) is a major aim here and
> I'm a debianista through and through (or is that debianite?!).

I go with debianite, but that's just me.  :-)