[Sussex] Podcast: A plan

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Nov 17 12:06:23 UTC 2006

All

I while ago I suggested that we produce a podcast.  It didn't take off
then, not least because we couldn't come up with an idea for a audio
only podcast.  I've now had that idea:

          How to run a stall to promote your LUG.

This will be a good way of getting SLUG known to the other LUGs in the
UK and maybe further away.  The idea is to get a number of regulars
together who help out on the stand to talk about what works for them.
I'm am looking at the following core team:

	Colin T
	Nik B
	Steve D

Who else wishes to attend?

The format will be a discussion on what works.  We need to have a basic
agenda and cover how we do what we do.  I am thinking along the lines
of:

	How to generate revenue - by selling Knoppix CDs
	    - Include why it is important to pay for a stall and not get
		a freebie

	How to produce a flier/handout

	What to demonstrate at the fair.

	How to sell to the punters

	(Suggestions for other topics here)

Colin: I'm hoping that you still have access to some good recording
equipment so we can get some very good quality audio.  That is a must.